COMPLETE TUBA METHOD
Your guide to mastering the tuba. Premium course. Personal mentoring, technique, musicality, preparation, repertoire tutorials.
SO YOU ARE A TUBA PLAYER ?
- AND YOU WANT TO:
- Fix an Issue That is Holding You Back
- Improve Your High Range
- Hold Longer Phrases
- Play More Powerful
- Play With More Clarity
- Improve Your Speed
- Play Smoother Legato
- Get a Gorgeous Sound
- Practice More Efficiently
- "Tell a Story" With Music
Wether you are a seasoned professional that need to brush up your existing skills, a teacher that needs inspiration, a student that needs a clear path to success, or an amateur that wants to take his playing to the next level -
- YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!
Learn from one of the world's leading brass soloists.
Øystein Baadsvik is voted one of the top ten brass players in history by the listeners on Classic FM. Øystein did the world's first TEDx talk on the topic of tuba, and is one of YouTube's most popular brass musicians with more than seven million views. His multi-faceted musical career as a soloist and recording artist has taken him all over the world. He regularly gives masterclasses and clinics at major universities worldwide.
SCHOOLS USING ØYSTEIN AS GUEST LECTURER:
WHAT’S INSIDE COMPLETE TUBA METHOD?
In this course, I will show you every aspect of my approach to become successful on a tuba. Through more than 180 lessons, I will be walking you step by step through the following:
Mastering the instrument
In-depth explanations and exercises where I will be teaching you, just as if you were coming to my personal studio for lessons. I walk you through step by step how to practice each exercise and the most efficient ways to become better and faster in your technical work. Posture, breathing, sound production, warmup, low register, high register, legato, articulation, clarity, intonation, flexibility, trills, vibrato, double tonguing, playing fast, and much more. For each topic there is a part called “10 minutes to success”. This shows you in detail how to practice that particular part of your playing to get lasting results after only 10 minutes a day for 3 months.
From dots on a paper to a life changing performance
How do you bring the music to life and how do you “tell a musical story”? Here I draw from my 30 years of experience as a soloist to teach you my approach to crafting a great performance. From building and releasing energy to effective use of the complete musical toolbox. We also go in depth into the different musical styles and musical characters, and how to recognise and use them in the music. It is all about your passion for music – and how you turn that passion into concerts that can transform people’s lives.
From daily practicing to planning your career
How do you get as good as possible in the shortest possible amount of time? How do you plan a concert? How do you get gigs? In addition to practicing strategies, you will get tips on how to deal with stress and nervousness, preparing a concert, memorising music, developing a stage presence, dealing with different acoustics and everything else that happens before the concert.
In depth solo repertoire tutorials
After having judged hundreds of international solo competitions I have noticed that players often make the exact same mistakes in the music. My goal is to help you avoid these, and to help you take the piece to the next level. I will go over the basic technical challenges as well as the more advanced musical concepts, such as shaping the music, style, characters, rubato and dynamics. This now contains hours of video covering the standard solo repertoire, including the Vaughan Williams tuba concerto. I will be constantly expanding with more music. As a Lifetime Member, you can also suggest new repertoire.
WHAT DO THE MEMBERS SAY?
Principal Tuba at Sendai Philharmonic Orchestra in Tokyo
Getting what I want and easy!
Your simple explanations in the first few videos have opened a whole new pallet for me.
The Lifetime Access has been worth every penny.
Conductor, pro tubist,
President of ITEA
I've signed up for Oystein's Academy and it's fantastic!
This is a great gift to have given myself
Øystein's experience and virtuosity combined with a sincere, kind and engaging personality that is brought to life in a technically high quality presentation.
Best Tool for Becoming a Better Musician.
If you are serious about becoming a better player, there isn’t a better tool available for the tuba.
A tuba transformation
Oystein’s thorough teaching has helped me to identify and correct the mistakes that were holding me back from making progress.
160+ lessons with HD video, PDFs and downloads
- How to use this course
- My foundations to playing
- How to use the 10 minutes to success
- Links To All Of The Gear I Use
- Facebook group, discounts and more
- 2 MINUTES TO BETTER POSTURE
- Body posture
- Holding the instrument
- Download PDFs inhalation exercises
- Inhalation - what can possibly go wrong?!
- Start inhalation by relaxing
- Inhalation exercises. Part 1 - position of the tongue
- Inhalation exercises. Part 2 - the gap in the corners
- Inhalation exercises. Part 3 - the switch
- Inhalation exercises. Part 4 - doing things in the right order
- Should I always inhale fully?
- Inhalation exercises. Part 5 - adding tongue
- Breathing on the instrument - fermatas
- Breathing in tempo - quarter notes
- Breathing in tempo - eight notes
- Breathing in tempo - sixteen notes
- 9 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - INHALATION
- Submit your recording - get personal feedback
- Test your knowledge on posture and inhalation
- Download PDF with warm-up exercises
- 00 Why warm up?
- 01 How my warm-up routine works
- 03 The mind
- 04 we are only humans
- 05 Careful with those long tones!
- 15 Minutes Warmup - beginner
- 15 Minutes Warmup - advanced
- Download PDFs with good lip shape exercises
- Embouchure basics
- Is it ok to puff the cheeks?
- Mouthpiece pressure
- Lip shape
- Fixing double buzzing issues
- The shift
- Download PDFs with articulation exercises
- 00 Introduction to articulation
- 01 Air in motion
- 02 Starting the tone with air only
- 03 Air in motion visualized
- 04 The motion of the tongue
- 05 Combining tongue and air to start the tone
- 06 Repeated articulation
- 07 To slur or not to slur - that is the question!
- 08 Articulation variations
- 09 The sigh articulation
- 10 Double tonguing
- 11 Triple tonguing
- 12 Common articulation problems and solutions
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - ARTICULATION
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - DOUBLE TONGUING
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS -TRIPLE TONGUING
- Download PDF Sound development exercises
- What is a good sound?
- Finding your own musical voice
- Develop your sound
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - SOUND
- Download PDFs - playing loud - exercises
- Playing loud - relaxed
- Playing loud - actively
- Playing loud - take some chances when you practice!
- Playing loud - dynamic flexibility
- Playing loud - with good sound
- Playing soft - basics
- Playing soft - support
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - PLAYING LOUD
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - PLAYING SOFT
- Intonation basics
- Tuning your instrument
- Tuning before the performance
- Intonation during the performance
- Practicing intonation
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - INTONATION
- Download PDFs legato exercises
- Legato tips part 1
- Legato tips 2
- Legato tips 3
- Legato exercises
- Lip flexibility
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - SLURS AND LEGATO
- Download PDF high register exercises
- Get better accuracy on high notes
- Easier high notes
- The magic high note exercise
- Using support in high register
- Bonus tip for extremely high notes
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - HIGH RANGE
- Download PDF low register exercises
- Low register part 1
- Low register part 2
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - LOW RANGE
- Vibrato exercices PDF
- 01 Vibrato - introduction
- 02 Vibrato - what is it?
- 03 Vibrato - how to make it and how to practice it?
- 04 Vibrato - what is the best frequency and amplitude?
- 05 Vibrato - when not to use it?
- 10 MINUTES TO SUCCESS - VIBRATO
- Playing fast
- Air management
- Play more relaxed and with less tension
- Lip Beat
- Harmonic Glissando
- Wind sounds
- Coin in mouthpiece
- Electronic effects
- Palm of the hand on Mouthpiece
- 01 Can you learn musicality?
- 02 Learning what's on the page
- 03 Adding to the score
- 04 Playing in style
- 05 Your own imagination
- 06 Musical clichés
- 07 Musical archetypes and characters
- 08 The unwritten rules of music
- 09 The strength matrix
- 10 Putting it all together - The concert
- Download PDFs exercises for music making
- 01 The important downbeat
- 02 Show the meter of the piece
- 03 Adding direction to phrases
- 04 Create variation in similar phrases
- 05 Use your breath to find a natural phrasing
- 06 Breathing while maintaining a phrase
- 07 Experiment with musical characters
- The skill stairs
- Be your own teacher
- Using a recording device for practicing
- Practice hack 1: Learn the pitch
- Practice hack 2: Paper
- Practice hack 3: Octave down
- Practice hack 4: Tech accents
- Practice hack 5: Toothpick
- Practice hack 6: Short notes long notes
- Practice hack 7: Dotted eights
- Practice hack 8: Relaxation and tension
- Baadsvik - Fnugg TUTORIAL (8 Lessons)
- Bach - Saraband TUTORIAL (2 Lessons)
- Monti - Czardas TUTORIAL (7 Lessons)
- Vaughan Williams - Tuba concerto TUTORIAL (4 Lessons)
Added bonuses for Lifetime Members
Lifetime members get personal access to Øystein Baadsvik via email or in the facebook group for personal mentoring.
VIP Facebook Group
Access to the members-only Facebook group with member discussions and other events.
Sheet Music Discounts
20% discount on sheet music at lowbrassmusic.com and cimarronmusic.com
Can you really improve your playing by watching a video?
Just like with live lessons, results come from quality.
Here's what people say after watching only a few of the videos in this course:
"This video has helped me out tremendously. This instruction is priceless!"
"I found my high range got immediately clearer, focused and more controlled when I held all these concepts consciously within my brain."
"Absolutely stunning lesson!"
"Such a clear demonstration and explanation! Thank you!"
"Amazing lesson. As a band director this will also apply to all brass instruments."
It would take me well over a year of weekly lessons to go through the material in this course with a student. At my normal rate of $150/h that adds up to $7.500.
Some students claim it contains more value than four years at college.
In this course, you get access to all of this information in carefully crafted videos that you can watch over and over again - for life - on any device. Have a question after watching the video a few times? Just write your question and get it answered right on the lesson page.
The course also includes personal mentoring as well as live webinars with Q&As.
Let's get started today!
- Øystein Baadsvik
READY TO JOIN THE PROGRAM?
VALUE $7.500+, REGULAR PRICE: $1.597, INTRODUCTION PRICE: $799 (ONE-TIME FEE)
LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP INCLUDES:
The course starts now and it never ends! You decide when to start and how long to use it.
You have lifetime access to the course, and you can watch it on all kinds of devices as many times as you like.
Yes, I believe so strongly in this course, I have a 30-day, money back policy. If you don’t feel like your skills are improving with the methods I teach you in this program, I don’t want your money. Send me an email within 30 days from your purchase, and I will return the full course fee, no questions asked.
Let me help you take your playing to the next level!
If you have any questions about the course, feel free to contact me using the form below.
If you have previously purchased any of my other Online Academy courses, please let me know and I will create a custom coupon code for that amount for you to enroll in this course.